Monday, September 15, 2008

I know I should be in bed but...

I know I should be in bed, but I just got a chance to create my school week plan, and thought I'd send a happy hello to all of you!

I had a really bad day today, as many of you may have read. Thanks Paula for offering an open ear. I was able to pull through it thanks to the help of a dear friend, Jamie. She came right over to my house just after reading my blog, whisked me out the door with all the kids and we went for a walk. On this feast of Our Lady of Sorrows - a woman with more sorrows than I can ever imagine - Jamie started us on a one decade of the Sorrowful Mystery of the Agony in the Garden. She said it seemed appropriate since I felt like I had the weight of the world on my shoulders. Then she invited my entire family over for a delicious breakfast supper, loaded up with french toast, fresh fruit, hashbrowns, ham, and eggs made to order. I couldn't believe it! It was simply wonderful. Thank you Jamie! You made my day!

I've had a lot of time to calm down and rethink my day. The reason I didn't call Jamie in the first place is because I've been through some very bad friendships - and it's hard for me to just ask for help because I don't want to burden anyone, and I didn't want her to burn out on me like others had. But with a TRUE friendship, like the one Jamie and I have, I need to remind myself that this kind of friend is the one that is there for times like these. I told her, you can't bail me out every month when I have this happen. She quickly replied, oh yes I can. What a woman!

So of course, I owe her big time. I learned a valuable lesson today. If you know a "bad day" is on its way, have a plan in place - and never be afraid to reach out for help. And the lesson I learned this past week is that no one and no family is perfect, so stop trying to be perfect and freaking out about it. Just be yourself and do the best you can. Even if that means taking a "sick day" once a month.

Tomorrow WILL be better, I pray. And that I must remember to do always - PRAY!

Click here to learn more about The Value of Suffering. A good reminder that I need to offer today up.

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Just remember, I need you just as much as you need me, I love you and I love our friendship. I will continue to pray for you.

    Women need to be there for eachother.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much if you have some thoughts to share here! Please keep them kind - think, would you say this to your friend?