Thursday, June 20, 2013

Music to my ears

My girls are ages 5 and 10. I've been catching amazing moments when they sing or hum songs, not realizing we're listening. The songs on the radio can be captivating, and just like their Mommy and Daddy, they love a good beat to groove to. Not saying that we're the best at dancing or singing, but music moves our feet as much as our soul. I am excited to bring out the performers in my children, since they remind me of myself when I was younger.  [No Mom, please don't bring out the video again.] We are sharing with them our favorite old classics, finding new ones to enjoy, and helping them put Praise and Worship Music at the top of their song charts.



While we usually have our tuner set to Christian music, we grab a good vibe from the pop, "oldies" and country music stations too. Hey, since when did 80s & 90s music become oldies? So here are a few of our current "Mainstream" favorites and what we enjoy about them. Not recommending young children see the music videos, as on some occasions, an improper interpretation is found. Watch at your own discretion. There are certainly songs we won't listen to again, now that I've seen the videos….

The first two songs could certainly be love letters from God. 

Let Me Love You by Ne-Yo  (video warning - some partial nudity as sexual content)

"Let me love you, until you learn to love yourself."

What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction (good video)

"Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you…. You don't know you're beautiful. If you could only see what I can see… That what makes you beautiful."

Songs that God we would cry out to God? Songs about being with those we love the most?

Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson  (good video)


This song below would definitely had been at my wedding.
Ho Hey by Maroon 5  (fun video)

"I don't know where I went wrong. …. I belong with you, you belong with me."


Here's the song my 5yo's been singing. Mostly the "ee-ee-ee" part and "I knew were trouble when you walked in." Probably referring to her brothers! This song would be a good lesson with our teens on the evil of temptation.

I knew you were trouble by Taylor Swift  (good video from AMC awards)


And when your girls are doing their best, here is their new anthem!
Girl on Fire Alicia Keys  (Great video)



Other Favorites
*Daylight by Maroon 5
*When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much if you have some thoughts to share here! Please keep them kind - think, would you say this to your friend?