Monday, September 24, 2012

Soul Building with your Personal Trainer

  
Footprints with Jesus
I read that when you have days that you feel like your "cross" in life feels to heavy... don't pray that it be taken from you, pray that you are given a stronger back. In pondering this, I asked in prayer whether God is my personal trainer adding a little more weight to my cross making me stronger - or am I feeling Satan pushing on my wound, hoping I'll drop my cross and give up? Perhaps both?
 
1 Chronicles 28:20
David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished."

Psalm 56:3-4
When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

Hebrews 13:5-6
For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

Ever seen this cartoon strip about carrying your cross?
carry cross 7
(click this link to see the rest)

Remember that line in the movie Evan Almighty. God, disguised as a waiter, says to the mother, "Sounds like an opportunity. Let me ask you something. If one prays for patience, do you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If they pray for courage, does God give them courage, or does he give them opportunities to be courageous? If one prayed for their family to be closer, you think God zaps them with warm, fuzzy feelings? Or does he give them opportunities to love each other? Well, I got to run. A lot of people to serve. Enjoy."

My conclusion is that God is making us stronger with continued opportunities to improve ourselves. The devil is that whisper or feeling you get of discouragement. Ignore it and remember God's right there with you, cheering you on. Find that voice inside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much if you have some thoughts to share here! Please keep them kind - think, would you say this to your friend?